- Staff: "Throughly relaxing time, plenty to do. Enjoyed the activities and learning bushcraft. Liked having our food cooked over an open fire! Great for a staff activity day. Thanks for all your hard work."
- Tim: "Lovely reception, exciting car journey through the woods! Lovely calming feeling around the bonfire. Even had it been raining it still would have brought smiles!"
- Dewi: "Really enjoyed the day especially making fires. All the activities occupied our day and were very interesting."
- Mike: "Enjoyed sitting around the fire, enjoyed learning how to make fires and was very relaxing. Liked the marshmallows!"
- Mandy: "A fun day, nothing was too much trouble for Mark and Dave. Loved the whole experience!"
One of the reasons that we set up Wild Times Woodland Adventures as a 'not for profit' Community Interest Company was as a result of our wish to enable people to access the woodland where funding was an issue.
Profits will be ploughed back in to enable charities and/or youth / community groups to attend sessions or an event at a subsidised cost or ideally for free.
If you represent a charity or company that is looking to support others combat 'nature deficit disorder' as it has been described* then please do get in touch.
* 'Last Child in the Woods' by Richard Louv
Families coming to the woods enjoying a day together;
Children attending Holiday Club for free where cost is an issue;
A regular placement for an undergraduate completing her degree;
A substantial discount to Harlequin After-School and Holiday Club to attend day sessions;
A therapeutic post-bereavement voluntary work placement for a retired gentleman;
A free venue for a monthly men's group meeting;
A free venue for Bearsted Beavers, Cubs and Scouts;
A substantially discounted venue for other Beaver, Cub and Scout groups;
A free venue for training for the South East Coast Ambulance Trust Hazardous Area Tesponse Team;
Opportunities for trainee Forest School Practitioners x 3 to work with various children's groups;
A raffle prize of a free holiday club place for Madginford School Fete;
A prize of a free children's party for Restoring Hope (a charity working with women rescued from human trafficking)